Each year, there are students who are not able to select their rooms at Lottery. Later in the summer, rooms become available for assignment through the Waitlist. The Waitlist also provides the opportunity for students who selected a room in lottery to request a different assignment, should that space become available.
The Waitlist registration will be available the day after the final Lottery event and remain open for one week.
The housing Waitlist is for:
1. Current students who did not receive room assignments through the lottery so they can relay their building and roommate preferences. Housing is guaranteed for all currently enrolled students: those who are unable to select a room at Lottery will definitely receive an assignment through this process.
2. Students who signed up for rooms during the lottery but would like to request a change to a different assignment. (Students who make a wait list request are not removed from their originally assigned rooms unless a new assignment that they have requested is available).
NOTE: It is assumed that students who pick/are assigned in roommate groups intend to live together. Room changes will not be approved to facilitate the reunification of upper-level students who have split up for the purpose of providing an advantage to students with lower seniority (see Ethics for more information) or that would result in an individual vacancy within a multiple occupancy room/unit.
Room changes and assignments are preferentially based on class year (not submission date of the Waitlist request) and availability. Therefore, rising seniors who apply to switch rooms are given first preference and so on.
Waitlist Registration Procedures
Students have the option of registering for multiple Waitlists. The Waitlists mirror the housing options available in the Lotteries: single, double, 3-person, 4-person, off-campus. Waitlist registrations will be accepted from the afternoon of Friday, April 29th through 9:00am on Monday, May 8th.
- Register for the Waitlist through MyHousing. On the menu bar, click on More Options, then select Fall 2017 . Using the dropdown menu, select the appropriate Waitlist (e.g. double, 3-person, etc.)
- A Comments box is available if you wish to preference a particular building(s). Noting a preference is NOT a guarantee as we cannot predict availability. Please limit Comments only to building requests.
- Click Submit to finish the registration. To register for another configuration Waitlist, follow the steps again.
- You must have a fully matched roommate group for the largest unit for which you have waitlisted and all members of the group must complete a Waitlist request. The roommate matching from the lottery process will carry over – there is no action needed if your matched group is already the right size. To add or delete roommates, complete the Roommate Matching Process. If a you submit multiple Waitlist requests, you will have the opportunity to adjust roommate requests based on the occupancy of the room to which actually assigned (e.g. double vs triple).
- Historically, more students request singles than will be available through the Waitlist. Therefore, you are encouraged to also register for a double Waitlist even if you don’t have a matched roommate. We will facilitate an opportunity to pair with a roommate during the summer.
- Review of Waitlist requests will begin on or about June 1st. You will be contacted by email about room assignments.
The Office of Residence Life manages a variety of living environments in which learning is supported and extended beyond the classroom.
Office of Residence Life
132 Farinon Center
Easton, PA 18042
Monday-Friday: 8:45am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday
8:15am- 4:30pm (closed noon - 1:00pm)