Priority Off-Campus Process
As a residential institution, students are required to live in college housing and most live on-campus. Less than 15% of Lafayette College students live in off-campus housing. Living off-campus as a student adds a new and exciting dimension to your education at Lafayette College, one that we hope will help teach you invaluable like skills. Off-campus housing is only an option for students during their senior year at Lafayette (unless accepted to a Living Learning Community).
While living in an off-campus home, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build on the community living skills you learned in the residence halls
Assume more responsibility for your housing needs, similar to what you will need to do after graduation
- Appreciate and respect your neighbors and be cognizant of the living differences between you and them
- Take the initiative to meet new people, including community members who live in your neighborhood
The privilege of living off-campus comes with several important responsibilities. Not only will you have household responsibilities (grocery shopping and regular cleaning) but you also have the responsibility to multiple communities around your home.
Remember these points about your responsibility living off-campus:
- Your behavior, both positive and negative, will be noticed by community members
- The Lafayette Code of Conduct applies to all students
You are responsible, as a citizen of Easton, for all community ordinances and laws
- Should your behavior not be consistent with the College’s expectations you will be required to return to campus housing
Ultimately, you are a Lafayette College student no matter where you live and that means the College expects you to be “honorable, ethical and mature in every regard,” as stated in the Introductory Statement of Rights and Responsibilities found in the College’s Student Handbook.
- Priority Off-Campus Process Eligibility
- Priority Off-Campus Housing Timeline
- Priority Off-Campus Definition of Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Office of Residence Life manages a variety of living environments in which learning is supported and extended beyond the classroom.
Office of Residence Life
132 Farinon Center
Easton, PA 18042
Monday-Friday: 8:45am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday
8:15am- 4:30pm (closed noon - 1:00pm)